Note: This article assumes the Smartlaunch Client is installed in it’s default location. Otherwise the paths described here would need to be changed accordingly.
If you uninstall the Smartlaunch Client without first de-activating the client (by clicking “Shutdown / De-activate” in the client options menu) you will only see the Windows desktop after restart.
- Restart the computer
- Press F8 at startup, and select Safe mode – With command prompt
- When you see the DOS prompt, type (including quotes):
“%ProgramFiles%\Smartlaunch\Smartlaunch 4.8\Client\Client.exe” -d This can fail in cases where the client is unavailable. If it does not work, try this as well (also including quotes): “%ProgramFiles%\Smartlaunch\Smartlaunch 4.8\Client\DisableClient.exe”
- This will de-activate the client.
- Now restart the computer and you can safely uninstall the Smartlaunch client.
Please download DisableClient.exe here just in case you could not get it from your computer.
If you receive memory errors you can try the following:
- Restart the client computer in safe mode with command prompt.
- Open the “regedit.exe” tool from the prompt.
- Now navigate to this registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
- Now change the Shell value to explorer.exe
- You may need to do the same with this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
- After changing the values, you can restart the computer, and it will launch in Windows Explorer.