First, you will need to download the Database Optimizer. You can download it here.
The Zipfile contains two files, extract both of them into a folder
- Smartlaunch Database Optimizer.exe
When both files are extracted into the same folder, run the Smartlaunch Database Optimizer.exe file
Now the Smartlaunch Database Optimizer window should appear.
How to use Database Optimizer?
- It is highly recommended. Please backup your existing database before you run this application.
- You are not allowed to access your database during the optimization
Step by step to use Database Optimizer
- Step 1: Select database. Please select which database you would like to perform an optimization on. Press on the Select DB button and select your database. Again, it is highly recommended that you make a backup of your database before you Optimize it.
- Click Start button. When you have selected the data you wish to delete, press the start button. The database optimizer asks you if you are sure you wish to continue.
- Step 3: Perform Optimization.
If you have made sure that you have selected the correct data (and perhaps made a backup of the database) press yes. When the Optimazation is done, —- OPTIMIZATION COMPLETED —-, will be written in the step.3 status bar. You can see the result of the optimization including the file size reduced.
- Click Close button to close the application