The Next World Forum, an esports and gaming summit that will bring together sector leaders from around the world, is to be held in September in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. It will be hosted by the SEF (Saudi Esports Federation).
The forum will feature talks about marketing, media, finance, and business development. These talks will also be followed by networking opportunities where attendees can meet industry leaders and representatives from major companies. The forum promises to provide a platform for local and foreign players to learn how they can use their skills to increase their market share across the region.
Across two days, the Next World Forum will highlight:
- Key tech development challenges affecting the shifting landscape of the gaming and esports ecosystem
- Trends including cloud gaming, distribution platform development and appetite for fresh content
- The rise of thinking around impact-driven gaming, real-world impact and gaming for innovation across multiple sectors
- Solution-based discussion on government attitudes to gaming, ecosystem talent development and infrastructure development
- The emerging Saudi market landscape and opportunities to be part of its story
- Genre innovations, regulation, and legislation
Specific September 7 panel topics at the Next World Forum include: the Industry Keynote speech on Gaming and Esports as the Next Frontier of Media, Gaming as an Untapped Economic Powerhouse, and VR/AR and the Metaverse in the Spotlight.
Specific September 8 panel topics at the Next World Forum include: Governments as Ecosystem Enablers, Leveling Up Esports and Gamer Health, and Build it, and They Will Come – The ‘Third Place’ Experience and Rise of Gaming Venues.
When: Wednesday, September 7 & Thursday, September 8
Where: The Four Seasons Hotel Riyadh At Kingdom Center, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- His Royal Highness Prince Faisal bin Bandar bin Sultan, Chairman of the Saudi Esports Federation
- Chester King, CEO, British Esports
- Mario Pérez Guerreira CEO, MENA
- Grant Johnson, Chairman and CEO, Esports Entertainment Group
The conversations can be joined on Discord, Twitter and Facebook as well as on YouTube.