Play-To-Earn (P2E) games is currently a gaming model that is increasing amongst the Web3 and Crypto gaming space. Working through the integration of blockchain technologies, players are able to earn money from the games they play.
Web3 is a new iteration of the internet that harnesses blockchain to decentralize management thus reducing the control of big corporations, such as Google or Meta, and making it more democratic. It is defined by open-source software, is trustless – doesn’t require the support of a trusted intermediary – and is permissionless (it has no governing body).
Titles on the blockchain are evolving drastically, so is the pro gaming/competitive scene. EV.io and Axie Infinity have been hosted at tournaments around the world, with more tournaments being announced already for 2023.
It’s only in the last year that developers have pushed Web3 gaming into the unknown with the utilization of Unreal Engine 5 technologies.
Esports titles like Call of Duty, Rocket League and Fortnite are action packed, tear jerking games. When played by the top performers from around the world, they have spectators on the edge of their seats wanting more. These games are played by millions and are spectated by millions also.
Play-To-Earn games make use of blockchain technology and give players the opportunity to generate crypto rewards for their skill and effort.
Here’s a list of the best P2E games for 2022:
- Lucky Block – Overall Best Play to Earn Game Offering More than 2,700 Games
- RobotEra – Newly Launched Play to Earn Game with NFT and Land Ownership
- Calvaria – Popular P2E Game Offering NFTs, Staking and 0% Transaction Taxes
- Silks – Exciting P2E Game with Innovative Gameplay
- Tamadoge – New Play to Earn Game Soaring after Token Listing
- SX Bet – The Biggest P2P Blockchain-Based Betting Market in Terms of Volume and Users
- Battle Infinity – Best New Metaverse P2E Game
- The Sandbox – One of the Best Play to Earn NFTs Game For Creative People
- Splinterlands – Battle Against Monsters for Prizes and Crypto Tokens
- PirateXPirate – Exciting New Strategy-Based Play to Earn Game
- Spells of Genesis – Puzzle Game Compatible With Multiple Blockchains
- Star Atlas – All-Immersive Space Exploration Metaverse
- Decentraland – Buy and Sell Real-Estate as NFTs in the Metaverse
- Axie Infinity – P2E Game Comparable to Pokemon
- Alien Worlds – Free Play to Earn Game Set in a SciFi Metaverse
Gameplay and skill will be integrated heavily into the more upscale titles we are seeing become more present in the space. In the wake of this advancement, Win-To-Earn will become the accepted gaming model for the future of games.
Win-To-Earn and Web3 gaming is an interesting concept as we go into 2023 and beyond.