Esports BAR is returning to Cannes between the 13th and the 15th of October for its ninth edition, bringing together core areas of the esports community to discuss the future of the industry. This will also mark a return to physical events for the conference following a year of digitally hosted meetings in 2020.
Esports BAR will feature speakers from throughout esports and gaming, including game publishers, developers, teams, leagues, and media. For its 2021 event, Esports BAR will have an increased focus placed on community, humanity, and education within the esports space.
With this societal aim, Esports BAR will also feature discussions based on the challenging and unforeseen period of adaptation that the industry faced because of Covid-19 and how it will continue to evolve in the aftermath. But the event’s core pillars of monetization, innovation, audience, and investment will still play a key role.
Here are a few of the panels that will be hosted throughout Esports BAR Cannes 2021:
- How are esports teams diversifying their assets to become a lifestyle?
- Guild Esports director of commercial partnerships Michelle Tierney
- Viewership trends 2021 and what to expect for 2022
- Esports Charts founder Ivan Danishevsky
- Humanizing gaming and esports
- BBC filmmaker Alvaro Alvarez and Paradise London creative director Nick Jekyll
- Mobile Esports: Opportunities and Challenges
- Global esports center director at Tencent Games Jin Ho James Yang