Valve’s CS:GO has never stopped to scale new heights in the world of esports since its arrival in 2014. In 2020, there were over 1400 tournaments taking place on an intercontinental level.
The top five teams with the highest earnings in 2020 were:
1. MAD Lions: They had a dream run at Flashpoint 1 where they went past MIBR in the grand finals. In the due course, they secured USD 500k alone from this B-site managed league.
2. Virtus.Pro: The CSI team had a similar run where the second iteration of Flashpoint helped them secure USD 500k after they ran over Aleksi ‘Aleksib’ Virolainen and his men in the grand finale. Along with this, they were rewarded a sum of USD 50k after they stood first at DreamHack Open December 2020.
3. Complexity Gaming: The North American-European side bags the third position in the charts after they overhauled Team Vitality at the BLAST Premier: Spring 2020 European Finals where they secured a total amount of USD 335k along with USD 35k earned from regular season of the same.
4. Astralis: The Danish powerhouse holds five championships along with a runner-up at the BLAST Premier Fall 2020 Finals. Collectively they earned a total sum of USD 631k after placing first at the ESL Pro League Season 12 Finals: Europe and at the recently concluded IEM Global Challenge where they went past Team Liquid, scooping USD 200k from the same.
5. Natus Vincere: Aleksandr ‘s1mple’ Kostyliev led side has been placed 5th on the chart where they grabbed USD 626k in total. A majority of this prize money was awarded by ESL, the tournament organiser behind the IEM: Katowice 2020 after they sent G2 Esports packing in the B05 grand finals.
To get the complete list of the teams, check in here.